The ACT Equestrian Association.
ACTEA was established in 1970 as an umbrella organisation to represent all equestrians in Canberra and the local region in their endeavours at all levels of achievement.
ACTEA represents 20 affiliated groups such as pony clubs, showjumping, trail riding, dressage, horse trials, eventing, endurance riding and polocrosse.
ACTEA's main objectives are to:
1. Promote horse riding as a recognised healthy recreational activity;
2. Promote the development of equestrian facilities in the ACT;
3. Assist the efforts of affiliated associations and clubs to obtain and improve equipment and facilities;
4. Improve the standard of horsemanship in the ACT;
5. Promote the views of the equestrian public;
6. Encourage the support of equestrian activities by the Commonwealth and ACT Government and other persons and organisation.
ACT Showjumping Club Inc have a number of members on the ACTEA committee.
Our involvement with the assistance of ACTEA & EPMG (Equestrian Park Management Group) involves:
- Mowing grass areas
- Spreading rubber on the sand pads
- Maintaining grounds
- Building of yards
- Communication & assistance with other Clubs
As Equestrian Park is our home grounds, we take pride in ensuring the facilities and grounds are as good as they can be. If you are interested in helping out, please be sure to contact us.